Shooting with your smart phone
As I mentioned earlier, there’s no reason you can’t shoot your science fiction movie (or web series or short subject or whatever) with you smart phone as long as you know what you’re doing.
I will start shooting some test videos with my iPhone 5s and the Beastgrip Pro very soon and will post them on the Sci-Fi Maker YouTube channel.
Tips for hacking the screenplay
“They” say you have to write 10 to 20 bad scripts before you write a good script.
How long will that take you? Three years? Five?
We’re going to hack the screenwriting process to get you to the good scripts faster.
- The fundamentals – Master scene writing. There’s no point writing a complete script if you can’t write good scenes. Most people who write their first screenplay haven’t mastered scene writing.
- Build on your strengths – Once you can write good scenes, write good short scripts. Then screenplays. That way, when you write your first screenplay, it will be a LOT better than most.
- Use the force – Calm your mind. Don’t try to force the writing. No judgement. As Yoda said, “Do or do not. There is no try.”
- Go fast – Write your first draft as fast as you can to circumvent the critical part of your brain. Just get it down on paper. Sylvester Stallone wrote Rocky in seven days. Quentin Tarantino writes his first drafts as quickly as he can.
- Then go slow – Edit the heck out of that first draft.
- Play the freaking note – Be confident and commit your words to the page.
- Take it out for a spin – Act out your scenes after you write them. Or have your friends do it. Or actors.
- Find your hacks – You have to find your own hacks – what works for you?
- Teach yourself – Lean how to teach yourself. In Kung Fu Panda, Oogway is a self-teacher trying to pass the secret of self-teaching.
- Tell us about your science fiction projects here.
- Please leave us a rating and review on iTunes or Stitcher.
- You can share your video on our private Facebook group.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Keep writing. Keep shooting. Keep learning.