Getting back to our roots
This show is for you, the filmmakers and screenwriters creating science fiction. I have to confess, lately, I’ve gotten away from the science fiction focus of the show.
There are a lot of great podcasts for independent filmmakers. This show is a little different. Science fiction films are special and so are the people who make them.
The science fiction community is a passionate community. For example, here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, there is a special sci-fi event almost every weekend. I know local cosplayers, artists, and exhibitors who seem to spend every weekend at these events.
Why should they get to have all the fun? My promise is to refocus the show back to you – the science fiction filmmakers.
I do this show because I want to help you make better science fiction films and more of them.
Independent filmmaking is exploding. There is a great deal of competition out there and getting noticed is challenging.
When we make a science fiction film, we have an advantage over other filmmakers: lots of science fiction fans looking for new sci-fi movies.
Making science fiction films means we can tell stories you just can’t do in other genres. For us, the sky really is the limit. Or maybe we should say we have no limits at all.
These are exciting times for independent filmmakers and even more exciting for sci-fi filmmakers.
Let’s go out there and tell our stories!
Recommended filmmaking podcasts
There are some other great shows for filmmakers out there. They cover the filmmaking process, funding, filmmaking tools, finding actors, scheduling, distribution, and other topics useful for all filmmakers.
Meanwhile, this show is going to stay focused on topics specific to science fiction filmmakers.
I recommend the following shows because the topics they cover are useful for all of us.
- Indie Film Hustle – survive and thrive in the film business
- Film Trooper Podcast – filmmaking freedom for the independent
- Making Movies is Hard – a podcast about the everyday struggle of being an independent filmmaker
- On the Page – the podcast that answers all your questions about the craft and business of screenwriting.
- Go Creative Show – a show for creative pros
- Curious About Screenwriting – a podcast network of filmmaking shows
- Indie Film Academy – free online film school
- No Film School – free online film school
Check out all of these podcasts and subscribe to the ones that you find most useful.
If you come across other filmmaking podcasts you find useful, let me know and I’ll share it with everyone.
Update on our movie
Progress on our movie, Planet Burlesque, has been a little slow lately. Like a lot of you, I’ve been very busy.
I rearranged my schedule so I have more time to work on the movie.
What we’re looking for right now is another producer. We are also looking for a good shooting location.
We’re making this movie on the internet. You can follow along on this show as we make it. With our live videos on Facebook, you’ll be able to watch us shoot it as it happens.
Stay tuned for more!
- Tell us about your science fiction projects here.
- Please leave us a rating and review on iTunes.
- Subscribe to our show on iTunes or Stitcher.
- You can share your video on our private Facebook group.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Keep writing. Keep shooting. Keep learning.